Few things are better than a great taco. Not many days of the week have food in the name, but we all know and appreciate a good Taco Tuesday.
We’ve put together an extensive guide on the best seafood taco recipes, which include our favorite fish tacos and shrimp tacos. In case you prefer one or the other, we’ve got you covered!
Now try out some of our recipes below and let us know what you think!
Notes Before You Dive In
- All of the below recipes offer the option of corn tortillas for those who may be gluten-free.
- Each recipe can be transformed into a burrito if you add some black beans and rice to the ingredients, plus ensure you have large enough tortillas. (Or you can add in anything else you think makes a great burrito – it’s always up to personal preference!)
- Our estimated prep time, cook time, and total time per recipe are a bit conservative for those who may cook a bit slower, like me.
Now, get ready to enjoy!
The 9 Tastiest Seafood Taco Recipes
Whether you’re looking for a crunchy, crispy taco, a little kick with some hot sauce, chipotle, or chili powder, or maybe something a little creamy with some crema fresca — we have the recipes for you!
We have a nice balance of fish taco recipes as well as shrimp taco recipes for you to try.
What Seafood is Good for Tacos?
The truth is that most seafood makes for good seafood tacos.
- White fish like red snapper, mahi-mahi, grouper, tilapia, flounder, halibut, or cod make for great, lean seafood tacos – especially when fried. With these fish, you want to make sure you don’t overpower their flavor with too strong of flavor in your sauces and toppings.
- Salmon also makes for great seafood tacos. Salmon has a more powerful flavor than white fish, so you can use stronger and hotter seasonings to bring out the best of its flavor in salmon tacos.
- Shrimp make for some of the best seafood tacos. Whether fried, sautéed, or prepared with any other cooking method — the slightly salty and sweet flavor of shrimp can shine in a taco.
You should explore more seafood recipes and let us know what you think!
Great Sides and Toppings to Accompany Seafood Taco Recipes
Some of our favorite sides are:
- Black beans
- Tortilla chips
- Pico de Gallo
- Smoky barbequed corn
- Mexican Rice
- Pinto beans
- Queso fundido
- Refried beans
Some of our favorite toppings are:
- Hot sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- Mango salsa
- Salt and pepper (because of course
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de Gallo
- Fajita vegetables
- Salsa Verde
- Corn salsa
- Lime Juice (lime wedges)
- Sour cream
- Red onions
What to do Next with These Seafood Taco Recipes
Head over to the grocery store, grab the marinade you want, the flour tortillas or taco shells you like, and any supplies needed to make your toppings and sides. Then, head home and get cooking!
We hope you get to try and enjoy some or all of these delicious recipes! Let us know if you do. And remember that the best fish taco is the one you enjoy the most!